Week 12 was a fun week! I got a little more of my energy back, which meant more fun in the sun! I was able to spend much of week 12 with my daughter and friends by the pool. We also tried the meal subscription, Marley & Spoon this week. We tried three dinners and they all came out really tasty! The only downfall was stressing over what I was going to wear, which is not a huge deal but add pregnancy hormones and a growing belly, and it turned into one.
We got to see the baby during our check-up. It was so emotional hearing the baby’s heart beat for the first time. During our ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to get the baby to move around, so she started jiggling my belly around. Watching the baby peacefully sleeping, move its little arm- annoyed- towards the shaking, was the cutest moment. Seeing your child on the ultrasound is such a special moment.
Overall the end of my first trimester went great. Excited to see what the second trimester has in store.
- Baby is the size of a plum
- Most of baby’s critical systems are fully formed
- Baby is now developing reflexes (if you poke his/her body, you will see movement)
- Baby is opening and closing fingers and curling toes
- The eyes have moved to the front of the face and the chin and nose have taken more shape